Peanut Butter Bears Recipe
"My granddaughter enjoys making cookies with me," notes Rose Reiser of Greenfield, Indiana. "Since she likes bears, this is one of her favorite recipes."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Decorating gel or frosting, colors of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in the corn syrup and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. bear-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Roll leftover dough into small balls; press gently into each cookie, forming the bear's muzzle, nose and eyes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Using gel or frosting, decorate each bear's face, paws and ears and form a bow tie. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC