- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Decorating gel or frosting, colors of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in the corn syrup and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. bear-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Roll leftover dough into small balls; press gently into each cookie, forming the bear's muzzle, nose and eyes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Using gel or frosting, decorate each bear's face, paws and ears and form a bow tie. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bears in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p49
Reviews for Peanut Butter Bears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"Very soft cookies and easy to make."