Peanut Butter Baskets Recipe
- 30 green gumdrops
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 60 cake decorator candy flowers
- 1. Flatten the gumdrops; cut into small leaf shapes and set aside. In a bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Remove from the oven and immediately lightly press one peanut butter cup cut side down into each cookie to form a basket. Press a candy flower onto cookie so it appears as if a flower is coming out of the basket; press gumdrop leaves next to flowers. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Baskets
"These are so pretty and very yummy. I made them for a tea, and a bake sale. Everyone loved them. I piped flowers with home-aid frosting, so they did have the crunch of the boughten ones."