Peanut Butter Baskets Recipe
Rich, buttery cookies become more delightful still topped with peanut butter cups and candy. They are cute for spring, but I've used appropriately colored decorations to match occasions at any time of the year. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 30 green gumdrops
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 60 cake decorator candy flowers
- 1. Flatten the gumdrops; cut into small leaf shapes and set aside. In a bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Remove from the oven and immediately lightly press one peanut butter cup cut side down into each cookie to form a basket. Press a candy flower onto cookie so it appears as if a flower is coming out of the basket; press gumdrop leaves next to flowers. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC