Peanut Butter Baskets
Rich, buttery cookies become more delightful still topped with peanut butter cups and candy. They are cute for spring, but I've used appropriately colored decorations to match occasions at any time of the year.
Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 30 green gumdrops
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 60 cake decorator candy flowers
- Flatten the gumdrops; cut into small leaf shapes and set aside. In a
- bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown
- sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- Remove from the oven and immediately lightly press one peanut butter