Peanut Butter Baskets Recipe
- 30 green gumdrops
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 60 cake decorator candy flowers
- Flatten the gumdrops; cut into small leaf shapes and set aside. In a bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and immediately lightly press one peanut butter cup cut side down into each cookie to form a basket. Press a candy flower onto cookie so it appears as if a flower is coming out of the basket; press gumdrop leaves next to flowers. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Baskets in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p33
Reviews for Peanut Butter Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
These are so pretty and very yummy. I made them for a tea, and a bake sale. Everyone loved them. I piped flowers with home-aid frosting, so they did have the crunch of the boughten ones.