Peanut Butter Bars
If these bars have been refrigerated for more than 1 hour, let them stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Freeze.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a Dutch oven, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter until combined. Add
- cereal; toss to coat. Using a metal spatula, press mixture into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until
- smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut into
- bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 bars equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.