Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Bars(16)
Sort By :
Perfect every time - love these
IIt's true! Guess a young pup can teach an old dog new tricks. We loved this recipe. Thanks for posting.
Great - and a whole lot easier than cookies. In the oven and done!
This might be the best combination of peanut butter/chocolate/oats that we've tasted! Very well-balanced flavor. These remind me of a great chocolate chip cookie, but even better. I plan on making these often, for my family and for friends who just had a baby.
So yummy! I did cut back a little on the sugars (didn't pack brown sugar, 1/3 C gran. sugar). I used 1/2C whole wheat flour and about 1 1/2 C oats (cut soda in half too). No icing used. This recipe had plenty of choc. chips, may cut those down next time. I even threw in a super ripe banana I had around - you could taste it a little, but family took a while to guess my 'secret ingredient'.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >