Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
I got this recipe when working as a school cafeteria manager years ago. These bars were so popular with kids that we'd have to make extra or we'd run out.Sarah Thomas, Roanoke, Virginia
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, in batches, cream the sugars, peanut butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown. cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bars in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p54
Reviews for Peanut Butter Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009
Who has this many pans? or a big oven? Why not cut this recipe down for normal folks?
More Recipe Collections
- Peanut Butter Bars >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >