Peanut Butter-Banana Muffins Recipe
These bite-size muffins make a great treat. Banana and peanut butter are ideal partners and taste terrific with chocolate. —Patty Putter, Marion, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, bananas, peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanuts and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 muffin equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC