These bite-size muffins make a great treat. Banana and peanut butter are ideal partners and taste terrific with chocolate. —Patty Putter, Marion, Kansas
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, bananas, peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanuts and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Banana Muffins in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p41
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Banana Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review