Eleanor Smith uses peanut butter and banana to give this breakfast staple a kid-pleasing twist. "I call it 'Lightning Flash French Toat'," she writes from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas.
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small firm banana, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Honey, optional
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread. Top with banana slices and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; grill sandwiches on both sides until golden brown. Serve with honey if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p14
Reviews for Peanut Butter Banana French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2017
"This is a simple and easy recipe. You can change up the flavors by using different nut butters and fruit. You could also use cream cheese."