- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Banana Cake
Sort By :
"wanted to share something new with the friends and family. First of all---its all gone! All loved it and recipe was asked for by many! Thank you for the delish recipe. Also added a few chocolate chips to batter"
"GREAT RECIPE!!! We love it, I have made it many, many times, my grand kids especially love it."
"My family & I didn't really like the combination of the peanut butter & banana. I wound up throwing it out."
"Loved this recipe. I added chopped nuts and a few choc. chips and it was FABULOUS!!!"
"My family loves this recipe.I have made this several times."