- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Banana Cake
"wanted to share something new with the friends and family. First of all---its all gone! All loved it and recipe was asked for by many! Thank you for the delish recipe. Also added a few chocolate chips to batter"
"GREAT RECIPE!!! We love it, I have made it many, many times, my grand kids especially love it."
"My family & I didn't really like the combination of the peanut butter & banana. I wound up throwing it out."
"Loved this recipe. I added chopped nuts and a few choc. chips and it was FABULOUS!!!"
"My family loves this recipe.I have made this several times."
"ABSOLUTLY AWESOME... Made it for the Boy Scout mtg. It was so good and moist. Everyone loved it. Asked me for the recipe. All of it gone!"
"Have made this many, many times and absolutely love it. My daughter, who's not usually a banana fan, loves it also."
"Great cake for the peanut butter lover! I added about 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips to the cake and used maybe half the sugar in the frosting. Turned out great! :)"
"Great change of pace from banana bread. Peanut butter frosting might have been a bit too sweet - I may cut back on the powdered sugar next time. Still, it was delicious!"
"Loved the frosting! The cake batter was beautiful, fluffywas a great mix but the cake actually fell. I think the high altitude affected it as did the temp. Will have to try alternatives. The combination of bananas and peanut butter is fabulous!"