Peanut Butter Banana Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 352 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Banana Cake
"wanted to share something new with the friends and family. First of all---its all gone! All loved it and recipe was asked for by many! Thank you for the delish recipe. Also added a few chocolate chips to batter"
"GREAT RECIPE!!! We love it, I have made it many, many times, my grand kids especially love it."
"My family & I didn't really like the combination of the peanut butter & banana. I wound up throwing it out."
"Loved this recipe. I added chopped nuts and a few choc. chips and it was FABULOUS!!!"
"My family loves this recipe.I have made this several times."
"ABSOLUTLY AWESOME... Made it for the Boy Scout mtg. It was so good and moist. Everyone loved it. Asked me for the recipe. All of it gone!"
"Have made this many, many times and absolutely love it. My daughter, who's not usually a banana fan, loves it also."
"Great cake for the peanut butter lover! I added about 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips to the cake and used maybe half the sugar in the frosting. Turned out great! :)"
"Great change of pace from banana bread. Peanut butter frosting might have been a bit too sweet - I may cut back on the powdered sugar next time. Still, it was delicious!"
"Loved the frosting! The cake batter was beautiful, fluffywas a great mix but the cake actually fell. I think the high altitude affected it as did the temp. Will have to try alternatives. The combination of bananas and peanut butter is fabulous!"
"I loved this! Was a huge hit with the family. I added more bananas for the cake and cut down on the confectioners' sugar for the frosting. Added more milk to the frosting to make smooth. Next time I'll make cupcakes (mini) so everyone can have a small taste."
"So good! I halved the recipe since there are only two dessert eaters in the family. Big mistake--by the time I got done giving pieces away, I should've made the full recipe. Will definitely make again! Thanks so much for sharing."
"Wonderful cake and I will definitely make it again. Next time, I may try to use less sugar because it is super sweet."
"This is so delicious! It's tastes like breakfast cake. My coworkers request it often."
"THE CAKE WAS KIND OF DRY AND I KNOW HOW TO BAKE. IT WAS MORE LIKE BREAD, NOT CAKE. AND THE FROSTING WASN'T FROSTING IT WAS A GLAZE. IT WOULD OF BEEN GOOD ON COOKIES THAT COMPLIMENT. THIS GLAZE IS SUPER YUMMY, JUST NOT ON THIS CAKE! WON'T EVER MAKE THIS AGAIN!"
"I loved making this. For those who need a chocolate fix- you can add 1/4 cup cocoa to the cake mix for a chocolately banana taste that makes your family go WOW! My SO loves it and the chocolate peanut butter frosting I make as well."
"This is a delicious cake, definately worth making. Make sure to bake this cake till center tests done....I took it out too soon and middle wasn't done. I cut it out and patched the cake back together in a smaller pan and the icing hides all!"