Peanut Butter Banana Cake Recipe
I've had this well-worm recipe for as long as I've been married. I often make it for potluck functions. The ladies love it, but the heavy texture is a real favorite with men.—Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Banana Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC