Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Bananas and chunky peanut butter complement each other in this quick bread, which bakes to a beautiful golden brown. It's a fun change of pace from typical banana breads.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until
- light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda;
- add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf ban. Bake at 350° for
- 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 497 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.