"My mom, who's well-known in our community for her cooking, shared the recipe for this yummy layered dessert," writes Kim Spencer of Hickman, Nebraska. "It's very popular with my husband. He made it in a 9 x 13 pan for his men's Bible study group and ended up giving out the recipe!"
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 20 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Apple Dessert in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p42
Reviews for Peanut Butter Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review