Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Surprises
Recipe provided by Jif®
12 ServingsReady In Time 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks or 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 3 tbsps. milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Smucker's ® Concord Grape Jelly
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, baking soda and salt
- in large bowl; cut in peanut butter and shortening, using pastry
- blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine milk, egg yolk and vanilla extract in small bowl; beat with
- fork until blended. Add to flour mixture. Transfer mixture to an
- electric mixer; beat at low speed until well blended. Divide dough
- in half. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll each half of dough between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch