Peanut Butter and Jelly Omelet
Kids will absolutely devour this scrumptious omelet with peanut butter and jelly. Serving several for dinner? Fill each omelet with a different type of jelly for a fun change of pace. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk
- the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place banana, jelly
- and peanut butter on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide
- omelet onto a plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 639 calories, 43 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 665 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.