- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place banana, jelly and peanut butter on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Peanut Butter and Jelly Omelet
Sort By :
I have been making this for years. My children loved to have friends over just so they could have friends try this dish. Now I make it for my grandchildren who even request it at restaurants. I generally don't use bananas in this recipe. It's simple, quick and delicious..
Wake up to a different breakfast idea! As you know, cooked eggs have a very mild flavor. When you fill 'em with warmed peanut butter, jelly and a banana you get a really unique and tasty omelet. Surprised? Give it a shot; this might become your new favorite!
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
I'm sorry as I don't like to give a bad review but this was not good at all. These flavors just weren't meant to go together.
I didn't even make it once. My kids, who are usually quite adventerous, said it is too gross looking and sounding. I concur.