Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Recipe
I've always tried to make cooking fun—for myself, my daughters and my grandchildren. This recipe is easy to make and kids really like it. —Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
- 12 slices bread
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons jelly or jam
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread peanut butter on six slices of bread; spread jelly on six slices of bread. Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p14
Reviews for Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2014
This is such a fun and yummy breakfast. Surprisingly, my five year old does not like it, so I make it for myself. It's fast and easy. Thanks for submitting this recipe!
Reviewed May. 11, 2011
Quick, easy, and delicious twist on the pb&j sandwich.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >