- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place peanut butter in another bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Whisk in eggs and milk. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in bananas.
Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in resealable plastic freezer bags. Reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. If desired, serve with maple syrup. Yield: 16 waffles.
Reviews for Peanut Butter and Banana Waffles
"I made this recipe this morning to change it up for the kids, and they were a big hit. They turned out exactly as pictured (so I hope the other reviewer gives it another shot, because it's possible they made an error). The peanut butter didn't shine through quite as much as I expected, but it was still recognizable. I froze the remaining waffles to eat on another day, and my daughter has already checked the freezer to make sure they are "still there"."
"I cut this recipe in half, I'm hoping I messed something up because they did not look like the picture at all. They weren't fluffy at all and the flavor was very bland. I added butter and honey after they were done. Not sure if I'll try these again or not."