There's a lip-smacking surprise in the center of each of these yummy muffins. Our Test Kitchen staff made them simple to prepare, so you can easily bake them up for family and friends.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, apple juice concentrate, peanut butter, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Spoon half of the batter into cups. Spoon about 1-1/4 teaspoons spreadable fruit into the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Muffins in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p54
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review