Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Bars
"My two young sons are crazy about these simple, fast-fixing cookie bars," says Carolyn Mulloy in Davison, Michigan. "And as a busy, on-the-go mom, easy preparation makes this one scrumptious dessert I can rely on—even at the last minute. You might want to vary the jam or jelly to suit your own family’s tastes."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) buttercream frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or grape jelly
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press
- into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with peanut
- butter chips.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned and edges
- are firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and peanut butter until smooth. Spread
- over bars. Drop jam by teaspoonfuls over frosting; cut through
- frosting with a knife to swirl the jam. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.