Peanut Butter 'n' Chocolate Bars Recipe
This is my most requested recipe. Folks especially seem to like the fact they can be creative by varying the ingredients. For instance, I sometimes replace the chocolate or peanut butter chips with butterscotch chips.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC