- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'n' Chocolate Bars
"Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe just baked in a pan to cut up. You can do this with any cookie recipe. Easier to bake all at once and cut into bars than several cookies sheets full of cookies!"
"This was a good basic bar, not too sweet. In a 15x10 pan size it was still a good size thickness for a bar cookie."
"Yummy! I made them in a 9 x 13 -- just because I wasn't paying attention! Realized my mistake after they were in the pan -- just baked them a few extra minutes. I 'frosted' them with 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. My family thinks they're GREAT!"
"I made these for a fall gathering and I had about 10 people ask for the recipe! They are so simple, but something really special. I make them often and they're always a hit. They are great slightly warm, and I like to change up the chips. Butterscotch and chocolate are actually my favorite!"