Peanut Butter 'n' Banana Pudding Recipe
WHEN my grandmother cooked at a small country school, she earned the reputation of good cook. This recipe was given to her when she was a young mother and it has been a family favorite for years. The bananas pair well with the creamy homemade pudding and the peanuts add a nice crunch.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to dessert dishes. Refrigerate if desired. Just before serving, top with banana slices and peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'n' Banana Pudding in Reminisce Extra January 2008, p53
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'n' Banana Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review