- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-3/4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with jelly. Top with the remaining cake layer; frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'N' Jelly Cake
"My daughter requested this type of cake for her birthday. I hadn't made anything like it before, so I found this recipe on TOH. It was a big hit at her party. Delicious and very easy to make. My only issue was that it wasn't easy to get the cake out of the pan. The frosting covered the mistakes though."
"What a fun cake to make and delicious to eat."