I made this fun and flavorful treat for my son's first birthday. He just turned 33, and he still has to have his favorite cake. Kids of any age have a hard time turning down peanut butter and jelly-especially when it comes tucked into cake and frosting!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-3/4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with jelly. Top with the remaining cake layer; frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'N' Jelly Cake in Country Woman January/February 2005, p33
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'N' Jelly Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review