Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles Recipe
Don't count out the grown-ups when it comes to craving these golden-brown waffles flavored with peanut butter and just a sprinkling of cinnamon. These are guaranteed crowd pleasers! —Helena Georgette Mann, Sacramento, California
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Jelly of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, peanut butter and butter; stir mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with jelly.
Freeze option: Arrange waffles in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Waffles may be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat frozen waffles in a toaster. Serve with jelly. Yield: 10 waffles.
2 waffles (calculated without jelly) equals 370 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC