- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, peanut butter and butter; stir mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with jelly.
Freeze option: Arrange waffles in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Waffles may be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat frozen waffles in a toaster. Serve with jelly. Yield: 10 waffles.
Reviews for Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles
Sort By :
"Loved theses waffles. Instead of jelly, served with fresh macerated strawberries. Will make again."
"I used a Belgian waffle maker and will use a regular waffle make next time. :)"
"It's an awful lot of bowls to get dirty for waffles, but totally worth it!We have a belgium waffle iron and it only made 5 waffles."
"Helena, thank you so much for this delicious recipe! ---A fellow Sacramentan"
"One of my husband's favorites!"