- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, peanut butter and butter; stir mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with jelly.
Freeze option: Arrange waffles in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Waffles may be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat frozen waffles in a toaster. Serve with jelly. Yield: 10 waffles.
Reviews for Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles
Sort By :
"Decent-tasting waffles. Made in Belgian waffle maker. Doubled the recipe and it made about 10 of them."
"Loved theses waffles. Instead of jelly, served with fresh macerated strawberries. Will make again."
"I used a Belgian waffle maker and will use a regular waffle make next time. :)"
"It's an awful lot of bowls to get dirty for waffles, but totally worth it!We have a belgium waffle iron and it only made 5 waffles."
"Helena, thank you so much for this delicious recipe! ---A fellow Sacramentan"