Peanut Butter & Jam Muffins Recipe
Selling youngsters on bran muffins is a breeze when PB&J are key ingredients. Moist and easy to freeze, they make a fast and portable breakfast food or anytime snack.—Judy Van Heek, Crofton, Nebraska
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat the milk, applesauce, peanut butter, egg white and honey on low speed until smooth; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups half full. Drop 1 teaspoon jam into the center of each muffin; cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC