- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in bacon.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost blondies; sprinkle with bacon. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter & Bacon Blondies
"I took this to a party and got rave reviews. I used regular bacon and didn't have any milk so used French Vanilla coconut creamer in the frosting."
"This bar is absolutely sinful! Loved the fudgy texture as well as the ability to distinctly taste all 3 of the main ingredients (pb, bacon and brown sugar). This recipe is one we could become "family famous" for!"
"Is the sugar/flour ratio right?? It was very sweet but the Brown sugar seemed gritty after baking."
"This was a very indulgent treat, but I would make it again!"
"It was OK. I probably would not make it again. Very sweet. Different."