The most unusual bar cookie recipe I have is also a favorite. Use store-bought bacon bits to help save time. — Janie Colle, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in bacon.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost blondies; sprinkle with bacon. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter & Bacon Blondies in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Peanut Butter & Bacon Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review