Peanut Brittle Bars Recipe
Pairing the old-fashioned flavor of peanut brittle with yummy chocolate chips turns these bars into a satisfying treat and sought-after holiday gift.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips over warm crust. Combine caramel topping and flour; drizzle over top. Bake 12-16 minutes longer or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC