This moist peanut butter bread is terrific toasted and served with jelly or used in sandwiches. "Make a grilled cheese, but substitute peanut butter for the cheese and add sliced banana," suggests Barbara Hileman of Cortland, Ohio. "The gooey treat goes well with a glass of cold milk."
Recommended: Banana Bread A to Z
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p33
Reviews for Peanut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"I just finished a peanut butter cookie & a glass of milk. I'm glad I saw this recipe...thanks!"
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
"Tastes wonderful, and smells so good too."
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2009
"I made this for my children when they were young. It was always a big hit!"