Peanut Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
Peanut butter lends a subtle flavor to this easy beef dish shared by Rita Reifenstein of Evans City, Pennsylvania. Tip: "For a change of pace, try ground beef. It's great within served over noodles," she says.
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, onion and celery in oil for 5-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Beef Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peanut Beef Stir-Fry(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >