- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 13x9-in. baking pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, for frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Beat in confectioners’ sugar alternately with enough milk to reach spreading consistency.
- Remove cakes from oven; place on wire racks. Spread frosting over warm cakes; sprinkle with peanuts. Cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Bars in Taste of Home September/October 2015, p11
Reviews for Peanut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2015
"I made these bars for a church fundraising event and they were a hit! Everyone loved how soft, creamy, and decadent they tasted! Very easy to make, and very quick, too!"