- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 13x9-in. baking pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, for frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Beat in confectioners’ sugar alternately with enough milk to reach spreading consistency.
- Remove cakes from oven; place on wire racks. Spread frosting over warm cakes; sprinkle with peanuts. Cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Bars
"I made these bars for a church fundraising event and they were a hit! Everyone loved how soft, creamy, and decadent they tasted! Very easy to make, and very quick, too!"