Peanut Banana Waldorf
This is a combination of two different salads that my children liked when they were growing up. It probably originated when I was making one or the other of the salads and didn't have enough apples or bananas to make the amount of salad I needed.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 small unpeeled red apple, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small firm banana, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, banana and peanuts. Combine
- mayonnaise and peanut butter; Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 278 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.