- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Banana Muffins(6)
Sort By :
Really good. I added more bananas in order to add about 1/4 cup each of chia seeds and milled flax seed. And I substituted oil for the butter and used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour instead of just white all purpose flour.
This recipe is simple and tasty. I love the hint of peanut butter chips it adds, I would not change a thing.
Healthified this recipe a tad, but overall good recipe. Subbed 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour for AP, 6 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 tbsp. canola for the melted butter, omitted PB chips (too much trans fat) and added mini semisweet chocolate chips instead for a treat. Will make these again!
I've used this recipe as a base hundreds of times over the years, and they always turn out amazing! I always tweak it and use 50/50 wheat flour and/or Splenda (to make them a bit healthier) along with 1 t. vanilla, 1/2 c. oatmeal and 1/2 c. applesauce. Sometimes I will cut down or omit the bananas and use canned pumpkin, strawberry/rhubarb or extra applesauce (chuck or flavored) depending on our mood. I'll also change up the chips to match the other flavors. We love them!