"Loaded with peanut butter chips and banana flavor, these tender muffins are my husband's favorite," writes Susanne Penner of Steinbach, Manitoba.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Banana Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p35
Reviews for Peanut Banana Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review