Peanut Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 3. Divide half of the batter between two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with half of the topping. Top with chocolate chips. Repeat layers of batter and topping.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 257 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Banana Bread
"I made these in a bundt pan using same amounts (maybe couple more ripe bananas) My bananas were VERY ripe. It came out wonderful. I think I will do a variation on an apple crisp this way."
"This has to be one of my favorite bread recipes! I just love it!"
"Used banana flavoring instead of vanilla and used mini-chocolate chips and put into the batter. Made one loaf plus 6 muffins... was good the first day; but much bretter the 2nd! Also, did what a few others suggested and put the majority of the topping between the layers and covered the top and still had some left over."
"I wonder if I did something wrong since everyone seems to like this so well . . . I halved the recipe to make only one loaf but otherwise made it exactly as specified. I cooked it for one hour and the toothpick came out clean. When I went to cut it, though, the entire inside was wet dough. I had to put it back in the oven and cooked it for another full 65 minutes just to get it to turn into bread! It was terrible! And then it didn't taste very awesome - very little banana or peanut butter flavor and extremely sweet. Maybe I should have tried muffins. I wouldn't make this one again - I would stick to the Cranberry Banana bread. Much better."
"melt in you mouth delicious !"
"One of my favorite banana bread recipes and a hit with many family members and friends that I've served it to. The hint of cinnamon is very nice. The first time I tried this recipe, there seemed to be too much crumb topping that fell off when slicing so since then I've put about 3/4 of the topping in the middle of the loaf and left only 1/4 (or less) for the actual top."
"I halved the recipe to make only one loaf. It was tasty, but didn't quite live up to my expectations based on the ingredients."
"This recipe also bakes well in one 11x7 pan for 45 minutes if you do not have 2 8x4 pans. Oh soooo good!~ Theresa"
"This bread tastes as delicious as it smells! I always make two batches and freeze several loaves."
"Whenever we have too ripe bananas, this is the recipe my family always asks for! Delicious!!"
"I had a hard time gauging how much to put in each pan for bottom layer. Ended up with one full loaf and a half baked second loaf. Any suggestions?"
"Really enjoyed this recipe! Had to take some to work so we wouldn't eat it all!"
"I loved this bread and so did my 84 year old father, he asked that I make him a second loaf. Defently a keeper."
"bread is delicious, but not sure why it's labeled "Lower Fat." Regardless, it's worth the calories!"
"I just made this yesterday and made it into muffins. Cooked about 25 min...don't cook to long or it will dry out! Yummy!"
"I tried this recipe which came in my Feb - Mar issue. It came out heavy and wasn't moist. I tried the other bread recipes and they came out wonderfully. If you can help with a solution I'd appreciate it."