Peanut Banana Bread Recipe
"My family literally comes running when they smell this bread baking." Between the thick chocolate layer and the crumbly topping, this bread is simply scrumptious! Sherry Lee Columbus, Ohio
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 3. Divide half of the batter between two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with half of the topping. Top with chocolate chips. Repeat layers of batter and topping.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Banana Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC