For a change of pace, I toss together this crisp, colorful dish in place of an ordinary green salad. Folks have commented on the interesting mix of crunchy nuts, apples and veggies and the tangy honey-yogurt dressing.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain or orange yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large red apples, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, salt and pepper. Add the fruit, vegetables and nuts; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Apple Salad in Country Woman May/June 2002, p33
Reviews for Peanut Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review