- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain or orange yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large red apples, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, salt and pepper. Add the fruit, vegetables and nuts; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Apple Salad
Sort By :
This salad has a wonderful texture and flavor, is easy to make, and looks beautiful. I used orange creme flavored yogurt for the dressing and was very pleased. I did want to leave a word of caution - I made this ahead of time, thinking that it would be okay to sit in the fridge for a few hours. For some reason, it wasn't. I don't know if it was because I used non-fat yogurt, but the dressing did not hold together at all. Several hours later, I had a pile of fruit sitting in a puddle of liquid. I will definitely make this again, but when I do, I'll cut the fruit ahead of time (I gave the apple chunks a quick bath in the juice from the mandarin oranges; this prevents them from browning,) mix the dressing separately, then mix it up just before serving. But still, I ate a bit of the salad when I first made it, and it's definitely a keeper. Just not for making ahead.