Peanut Butter Brownies
A friend shared this peanutty brownie recipe with me when I was a teen, and I've been making them ever since. They're scrumptious!Linda Wales, Millerton, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour,
- cocoa and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut
- into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.