Peanut & Popcorn Balls
Young and old alike enjoy munching on—and makeing—these chewy popcorn balls. Young goblins especially like them around Halloween. —Lisa Allbright, Crockett, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl. In a large microwave-safe
- bowl, heat marshmallows and butter on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or
- until melted; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Pour over
- popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape mixture into twelve
- 2-1/2-in. balls. Let stand at room temperature until firm before
- wrapping in plastic wrap. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 366 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.