Peachy Tossed Salad Recipe
I like to serve this refreshing salad in the summer, when the lettuce in my garden is fresh and sweet peaches are in season. It's a real treat, especially when served with pork. —April Neis, Lone Butter, British Columbia
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 8 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until blended.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, peaches and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup: 92 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peachy Tossed Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC