Peachy Tossed Salad
I like to serve this refreshing salad in the summer, when the lettuce in my garden is fresh and sweet peaches are in season. It's a real treat, especially when served with pork. —April Neis, Lone Butter, British Columbia
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 8 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing,
- gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until blended.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, peaches and
- bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with 1/2 cup oil) equals 92 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,