A sweet homemade dressing flecked with poppy seeds coats this green salad sent in by Tonia Booker of Gilbert, Arizona. The combination of sweet peaches, salty feta cheese, and crunchy onion and cucumber offers an array of tastes and textures.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 to 2 medium peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, peaches, cucumber, feta cheese and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p18
Reviews for Peachy Tossed Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review