I like to serve this refreshing salad in the summer, when the lettuce in my garden is fresh and sweet peaches are in season. It's a real treat, especially when served with pork. —April Neis, Lone Butter, British Columbia
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 8 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until blended.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, peaches and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Tossed Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p33
Reviews for Peachy Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review