Peachy Sweet Potatoes
The microwave makes this special side a cinch to prepare. Juicy slices of fresh peach and cinnamon-sugar turn ordinary sweet potatoes into a standout recipe. Josie Bochek - Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender,
- turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the peach, butter,
- cinnamon-sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3
- minutes or until the peach is tender. Cut an "X" in the top of each
- potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon peach mixture into each
- potato. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.