Peachy Sweet Potatoes for Two Recipe
The microwave makes this special side a cinch to prepare. Juicy slices of fresh peach and cinnamon-sugar turn ordinary sweet potatoes into a standout recipe. Josie Bochek - Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 small peach, peeled and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- Dash salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the peach, butter, cinnamon-sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the peach is tender. Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon peach mixture into each potato. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 271 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC