Peachy Sundaes are a treat grandmother Betty Claycomb has enjoyed since she was a teenager. "Years ago, a friend worked at a fancy hotel where this deliciously different dessert was served. They still look and taste elegant when made at home, but they're very simple to prepare," assures this Alverton, Pennsylvania field editor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted, optional
- Divide ice cream among four individual dishes. Top with preserves;
- sprinkle with almonds and coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.