Peachy Spareribs Recipe
To assure a memorable meal for your family reunion, add these not-so-ordinary ribs to the menu. "The peach barbecue sauce makes all the difference—it flavors the meat in a delightful way no one expects," details Christine Davis of Concord, California.
- 8 pounds pork spareribs
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 medium onions
- 2 bay leaves
- PEACH BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Insert cloves into onions; add to water with bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Process in a blender until smooth.
- 3. Drain ribs. Grill over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until browned, turning once. Brush generously with sauce. Grill 10-15 minutes longer. Heat any remaining sauce to serve with ribs if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Peachy Spareribs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC