Peachy Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
When I was a little girl, my grandma got up early every Saturday to make this coffee cake for the family breakfast. I can still remember waking up to that delicious, tantalizing aroma that coaxed us out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen table. Mmm...what sweet memories this recipe brings back!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugars and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour half the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan with removable bottom. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the pecan mixture. Top with remaining batter and 1/2 cup pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. Arrange peaches over cake; sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Lift cake with removable bottom from pan. Cool completely. Just before serving, carefully remove cake from pan bottom. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 452 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC