Peachy Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugars and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour half the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan with removable bottom. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the pecan mixture. Top with remaining batter and 1/2 cup pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. Arrange peaches over cake; sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Lift cake with removable bottom from pan. Cool completely. Just before serving, carefully remove cake from pan bottom. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 452 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Sour Cream Coffee Cake
"probably I´d make again or maybe not, as someone says I will put the peaches in the middle. As it says the recipe don´t do it. you must bake 45-50min the cake and then put the peaches and maybe 10-15min baking, because like the recipe says the cake was plummy but the taste is good but didn´t cooked good..."
"Took far less time to bake than the recipe indicated. cake was cooked through at 30 minutes in and the peaches just fell off the top. If I make it again, I think I will incorporate the peaches in the middle layer of topping, instead of trying to put them on the top of the cake. Also used sunflower seeds instead of pecans in the topping and baked in a bundt pan as I didn't have a tube pan."
"This was delicious. Not too sweet and a great peachy flavor. Time consuming to make but well worth it."
"Delicious, flavorful, moist! It's a little time-consuming, and we'd like to incorporate more peaches. We used a springform pan instead of a tube pan."