Peachy Rice Salad
We especially love this refreshing rice salad in summer, when fresh peaches are available. Yogurt and honey make light dressing while celery and walnuts add crunch. Linda Goshorn of Bedford, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and diced or 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir in the rice, peaches and celery. Cover and refrigerate. Just
- before serving, stir in walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 226 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.