Peachy Rhubarb Pie Recipe
We have an abundance of "pieplant" in our garden, so I save every rhubarb recipe I come across. I've done a lot of cooking and baking over the 53 years I have been married. My husband especially loves the combination of rhubarb and peaches in this pie. -Phyllis Galloway, Roswell, Georgia
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; chop the peaches. Place peaches and syrup in a large bowl. Add the rhubarb, sugar, coconut, tapioca and vanilla; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with rhubarb mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 410 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Rhubarb Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC