Peachy Rhubarb Pie Recipe
We have an abundance of "pieplant" in our garden, so I save every rhubarb recipe I come across. I've done a lot of cooking and baking over the 53 years I have been married. My husband especially loves the combination of rhubarb and peaches in this pie. -Phyllis Galloway, Roswell, Georgia
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; chop the peaches. Place peaches and syrup in a large bowl. Add the rhubarb, sugar, coconut, tapioca and vanilla; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with rhubarb mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 410 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Peachy Rhubarb Pie
Reviewed May. 20, 2016
"very good pie. first choice ."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC